“Breakfast is everything. The beginning, the first thing. It is the mouthful that is the commitment to a new day, a continuing life.” A.A.Gill
After the fun of the quiche cups last week, I’m trying another batch cook! It worked really well last time so fingers crossed it does again!
This is my version of a Spanish omelette! I’ve cooked so much because I’m planning on having 2 portions for dinner tonight and can take some to work as a non chocolate snack!
Ingredients – serves 8.
4sp per portion
2 garlic cloves
258g new potatoes
60g light mature cheddar cheese
8 medium eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pour boiling water over spinach and drain.
2. Chop up the onion and garlic. Slice the potatoes.
3. Add oil to a large frying pan and soften onions on a low heat. Add the garlic and potatoes and cook until the potato is slightly crisp on the outside.
4. Whisk the eggs. Add the spinach to the pan and then cover with the egg. Mix together.
5. Cook the mix for 10 mins. When the mix is almost completely set put it under the grill on a high heat until it’s set.
6. Loosen the sides and base and tip onto a plate. Leave to cool and put in fridge.